It was a very slow week in college basketball with it being finals week for most colleges. Most of the top teams stayed steady while the teams at the bottom showed why an team after 20 is a crap shoot this year.
1. Connecticut – Andre Drummond seems to be figuring it out which is the final piece to make this team absolutely scary.
2. Syracuse – I was not sure how they would respond in a true road game well let’s just say they passed the test. Although I know NC State is not that good this year any team that can go into their place and have a 23-0 run must be a pretty good team.
3. Kentucky – Beat Chattanooga 87-62
4. North Carolina – Beat Appalachian State 97-82
5. Baylor – Nice win at BYU. Provo is not a place that a lot of teams win in.
6. Ohio State – The mounting injuries to Sullinger are starting to look a little more worrisome.
7. Duke – Week off.
8. Marquette – Beat Northern Colorado 93-72
9. Kansas – Off week..
10. Louisville – Beat Memphis which sounds good until you realize Memphis is not very good this year.
11. Florida – Dismantled Texas A & M in a game where the most impressive thin gthe did was shut Khris Middleton down.
12. Missouri – Beat Kennesaw State and William & Mary by a combined 198-123
13. Georgetown – Beat American – 81-55
14. Indiana – Notre Dame is not very good but Indiana coming back from behind and not having a let down after the Kentucky victory showed me something. Cody Zeller is getting it done around the rim.
15. Xavier – I know they were missing a lot of key parts as a result of the brawl. I still have to drop any team that can only muster 42 points at home and lose by 22 at home to Oral Roberts.
16. Mississippi State – Beat Florida Atlantic and Detroit
17. Wisconsin – Beat Milwaukee and Savannah State
18. Pittsburgh – Beat South Carolina State
19. Michigan State – Beat Bowling Green
20. Harvard – Off week.
21. Creighton – The win over San Diego Stat gets the this spot
22. San Diego State – Has some solid wins over Long Beach State, Arizona, and Cal and no bad losses Creighton and Baylor.
23. UNLV – Very impressive victory on the road in Illinois
24. Murray State – Beat Lipscomb and Arkansas State. Looking at the schedule Im not sure when they will lose althoguh Im sure it will come on the raod somewhere.
25. Virginia – Nice solid win accross the country in Oregon.