Happy Holidays to all our wonderful fans at Prep Force. After another relatively slow week we finally kick off the regular college basketball season this week. Let the games begin!
1. Connecticut – Beat a game Fairfield team. Andre Drummond is getting better and better every game. Start off the Big East season with a very easy schedule.
2. Syracuse – Just keep winning. Taking a look at the schedule they don’t have to play a currently ranked team on the road until Feb. 13. That’s amazing considering they are in the Big East.
3. Kentucky – Managed two easy wins this past week. Big game with Louisville on NYE in Rupp.
4. North Carolina – Look impressive in a dominant win over Texas. An easy week ahead.
5. Baylor – This team just continues to beat very solid teams that it has not been beating in past years. Another tough matchup this week with Mississippi State.
6. Ohio State – Until Sullinger can get back to his normal self I just can’t move them up.
7. Duke – Beat up on UNC Greensboro. Amazingly they only play one game in the 20 days between Dec. 10 – 30.
8. Louisville – Did not look very good in a win against Western Kentucky. This is the week we will find out if Louisville is for real with a game at home with Georgetown on Wednesday and a trip to Rupp on Saturday.
9. Florida – Looked impressive in a 18 point win over FSU. Mike Rosario gets a homecoming game at Rutgers on Thursday.
10. Missouri – Won the border war with Illinois. This week travel to Old Dominion which has been a tough game in years past but ODU is not that good this year.
11. Georgetown – Scored another win over Memphis. this time in impressive fashion in a game they were up 20 in the second half. Half a tough road game at Louisville this week.
12. Indiana – Even though they played two cupcakes this week, anytime you win by a combined 99 points in impressive. Tough week with games at Michigan State and home against Ohio State. If they split it will be good sign that they are officially back.
13. Mississippi State – The game this week at Baylor will feature NBA level front lines battling it out. The question is can Dee Bost have a great game and lead them to victory?
14. Marquette – Took their first loss of the season at LSU. A sneaky tough week with home games with Vanderbilt and Villanova.
15. Kansas – Weird loss to Davidson this past week. Have an easy week to get back on track.
16. Wisconsin – The game this week at Nebraska is a tough one.
17. Michigan State – Big showdown with Indiana Wednesday which should answer the earlier leader for second place in the Big 10. Win or lose can’t afford a let down or they will lose on Saturday versus Nebraska.
18. Creighton – Nice 8 point win over Northwestern this past week. They have a Missouri Valley showdown with Wichita State on Saturday to determine conferences best team so far.
19. San Diego State – An off week last week and pretty much the same this week.
20. UNLV – Nice 17 point win over California. Travel to Hawaii this week so thier fans can spend NYE in the sun.
21. Harvard – Big week for Harvard this week with games at Boston College and home with St. Joes. If they win both it will solidify thier place in the rankings.
22. Murray State – Just keep winning like they will probably do all the way to tournament time.
23. Virginia – They are in the middle of an easy two week stretch.
24. Michigan – Good game coming up on Saturday with Minnesota to which team should be ranked.
25. Kansas State – Wrapped up a nice tournament in Hawaii with an impressive 17 point win over Long Beach State.