Another week of college basketball. Another week of good teams losing on the road. Check out where your favorite team comes in the rankings.
1. Kentucky – Got a couple of easy wins over UGA and LSU. Should have another easy week.
2. Ohio State – Beat Peen State and demolished Michigan. The game this week at Wisconsin should be a good one.
3. Syracuse – They are not an elite team without Fab Melo, and they were given a gift in the WVU game. As I said last week there is no way Fab gets ruled ineligible for the whole year.
4. North Carolina – It appears that the second half of the Va Tech game was in fact the turning point.
5. Baylor – Nice wins at Oklahoma and over Texas last week. This week provides two tricky road games, at Texas A & M and Oklahoma State.
6. Missouri – Finally had the let down everyone was expecting at Oklahoma State. A place they seemingly can’t win no matter how much better they are than the Cowboys. The game at home against Kansas this week is a big one.
7. Kansas – The loss to Iowa State is not a terrible one this year. If they beat Mizzou this week they will be in the drivers seat for the Big 12 title.
8. Duke – This week could be tricky with games at Virginia Tech and home against Miami. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them lose one of them.
9. Michigan State – Handled a good Minnesota team last week. Have a big road test this week at Illinois.
10. Florida – a pair of nice wins last week on the road at Mississippi and home over Mississippi State. The game with Vanderbilt this week should be a good one.
11. Georgetown – The loss at Pittsburgh is not as bad as it seems. Pitt is a much better team when Tray Woodall is playing. They are causing some concern with their lack of scoring. The home game vs Connecticut is a big one for them.
12. Marquette – The comeback on the road at Villanova was very impressive. Have a tough week with games vs Seton Hall and at Notre Dame but if they find a way to win both they should reel off 10 straight wins in the Big East. Any team that can do that is a very good one.
13. San Diego State – The loss at Colorado State is not that bad considering CSU is a very tough team to beat at home. The 10 point win at Wyoming as actually impressive considering all the adversity they faced just getting there.
14. UNLV – Got less than impressive OT wins over pretty bad Boise State and Air Force teams. They wont escape Wyoming if they play that bad this week.
15. Mississippi State – There is no shame in losing at Florida. They have an easy couple of weeks ahead.
16. Wisconsin – Got a nice home win over Indiana. If they beat Ohio State at home on Saturday the season will officially be back on track to what it was supposed to be.
17. Murray State – Just keep winning.
18. Michigan – Nice win at Purdue followed by an expected loss at Ohio State. Two big games this week hosting Indiana and at Michigan State.
19. Indiana – Still did not get that much needed road victory although they were in it til the end at Wisconsin. They get two more chances this week at Michigan and Purdue. If they can’t pull one out their time in the top 25 will be done.
20. Florida State – Nice 23 point win at Wake Forest. The game at home with Virginia on Saturday is big.
21. Vanderbilt – Took care of a couple fellow Tennessee teams last week. This week get two very tough road games at Arkansas and Florida. 1-1 would be a good week.
22. Creighton – If they don’t lose this week at Northern Iowa they should run the table.
23. St Mary’s – A nice 14 point win at BYU. They have an easy week with just a home game vs San Diego.
24. Virginia – The win at NC State gets them back in the polls. If they can win at Florida State they will be solidified.
25. Louisville – Back in the polls with the win at Seton Hall. Get an easy week with just a home game vs Rutgers.